Updating Accounts for the New School Year
Before the start of each new school year, you’ll want to get your Phonics Hero account ready by updating or adding teachers, students, and/or classes.
Log in > Manage Accounts
Please note: Only the teacher designated as admins on a school’s Phonics Hero account has the ability to make these changes.
- Add and/or update teachers.
- Reset any leavers’ accounts and move them to your “Spare” accounts class or create one.
- Update the class of renewing students by adding any new classes and moving students to the appropriate ones. Be sure to assign a teacher to each new class when creating it.
Top tip: We recommend moving the older children first and working your way back.
- Assign accounts to your new students by clicking the Spare accounts class and updating each of the accounts with the name and new class for each student.
- Buy more accounts, if necessary.
- Delete any empty classes. First, click on the class name. When the class expands, click the red ‘Delete’ button.
- Export the children’s login details to keep in the classroom and/or give to students and parents.
And now you’re ready for the new school year! If you need further assistance with your account, feel free to get in touch with a member of our team.