Phonics Hero at Early Learning Centres, Preschools and Nurseries
Every early years teacher knows the importance of a solid foundation in phonemic awareness and phonics. Phonics Hero gives educators fun and child-approved resources to support their phonics teaching and to make the transition into the primary school literacy curriculum all the easier!
How Phonics Hero Supports Early Learning:
- Supports Foundational Learning and aids in early intervention and detection of children who may struggle with literacy later on
- Helps others ‘get an early jump’ into the primary school curriculum
- Enables a collaborative approach to literacy learning between centres and families, with reporting visible for both educators and parents
- Assists with programming
- Assists with transition to school as a part of a school readiness program
- Offers unlimited sessions
- Letters (graphemes) and sounds (phonemes) are introduced to children in a fun, play based environment, so children learn through interactive play.
What Phonics Hero Practises:
- Knowledge of all 44 phonemes
- Blending of simple words
- Spelling of these words
- Camera/tricky words
- Basic reading of sentences
Our games can be used by Educators for group based learning activities on the Interactive Whiteboard or individually on iPads, Android tablets or desktops.
With Phonics Hero, our educators have been able to help a child who has had some learning difficulties and seen great improvement in their letter recognition. So much so, he is now blending sounds and starting to read. It really is learning through play.
Mariella, Centre Director, Australia
Start Exploring with a Teacher Account