Training on Using Phonics Hero
Our training options are flexible – from our short video overviews and free live demos of the Phonics Hero games and Phonics Lessons to paid personalised training sessions on synthetic phonics.
Free Phonics Hero Training
Watch a 30-minute webinar on either the Child Accounts or the Phonics Lessons.
Your own remote session
Book a free demo to learn how to use Phonics Hero in your classroom.
Watch a 6-minute overview
of the teacher tools and watch the
5-minute tours of the Phonics Lessons.
Personalised Synthetic Phonics Training
You will see the greatest impact from Phonics Hero if teachers understand the scientific backbone of it: synthetic phonics. Our phonics experts are available for two-hour to full-day systematic, synthetic phonics workshops.
2 hours – AU$550/US$380/£325
- The differences between synthetic phonics and analytic phonics
- The key elements of synthetic phonics: explicitly teaching the 44 sounds, blending, segmenting and tricky words
- Phonics Hero’s letter-sound scope, sequences, and the importance of pace
- What a great phonics lesson looks like
- An overview of the Phonics Hero games and our no-prep Phonics Lessons
Half-day – AU$1,000/US$690/£590
Everything in the 2-hour workshop plus:
- The importance of introducing blending and segmenting as early as possible
- An explicit phonics lesson: letter sounds, handwriting, blending, segmenting and tricky words
- How to use Phonics Hero’s no-prep Phonics Lessons
- Using Phonics Hero activities to consolidate student learning
Full-day – AU$1,400/US$975/£825
Everything in the half-day workshop plus:
Enquire About a Session With Our Expert Trainers
- Using decodable readers to practice synthetic phonics skills
- Promoting independent writing
- Using Phonics Hero to consolidate and assess student learning
- A look at more hands-on activities to incorporate into your lessons
Note: Face-to-face training sessions will incur travel costs in addition to the prices listed above.