How to Change the Accent in Phonics Hero
Phonics Hero is available in an English, Australian and a General American accent. Additionally, we’ve excluded words where the British spelling differs from the American spelling (e.g. ‘colour’).
Please note: the American and Australian accents are currently only available when logging in using your computer’s browser. We are in the process of updating this for the Phonics Hero app
Preview and Compare the Accents
Changing the Accent
Log in > Manage Account
To change your accent:
- Log in through our website.
- Click ‘Manage Account’ in the left-hand menu.
- Click the blue ‘Edit Details’ button.
- A pop-up window with your account details will appear. Click the dropdown menu under ‘Accent’ and select your desired accent.
- Click the blue ‘Save’ button.
Your Phonics Hero account will now be in your chosen accent when you log in on a computer. This update will be available in the Phonics Hero app soon!